Feel the thunder at the 23rd annual Marble Falls LakeFest Drag Boat Races. Be astounded as drag boats race a liquid quarter-mile “racetrack” and indulge in a crazy and wild three-day boat race party. This years event is taking place from August 8-10 in Marble Falls, Texas.
Drag boat fans will flock to Johnson Park on Friday night from 6p-9p for the chance to meet and greet the drivers and boats at Show & Shine. Fans will be able to purchase t-shirts and posters for autographs and take the opportunity to have photos take with their favorite drivers and boats. Of course, the best part of the evening happens at dusk when the boats “fire up” shooting flames form their exhaust pipes and splitting ear-drums in the park (NOTE: pack ear protection).
On Saturday the races start bright and early with the qualifying races starting at 8a. The gates for Johnson Park will open at 7a so that you can find the best shore side seating. Races will end between 5p and 8p depending on the number of boats, the weather and a number of other factors.
On Sunday the boats and drivers line up again to prove who is the fastest on the lake. The races begin at noon on Sunday and end anytime after 5p. The gates open at 7a on Sunday as well.
MARBLE FALLS LAKEFEST KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- OK TO BRING: lawn chairs, blanket, max 9-quart cooler with only ice.
- PROHIBITED: Outside food or drinks, umbrellas, pets, weapons, coolers larger than 9-quarts.
- AVAILABLE AT THE VENUE: Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, food, souvenirs.
- PARKING: Park along streets and in the lot at the corner of Main St. & Yett St. Obey all street signs and never park closer than 30 feet to a stop sign
- TICKETS: Ticket prices start at $10 (Friday only) and go to $175 (Top Eliminator Club pass). Tickets can be purchased or picked up at the Main Gate at the corner or Main St and Buena Vista St.
- TRAVEL HELP: Contact the Marble Falls Visitors Center at MarbleFalls.org or 800-759-8178